Saturday, October 2, 2010

Welcome!

Dear Everyone,
After finding a decent amount of success with my Florence blog, and failing to commit to my second blog, Sera Jane Goes to Work, I have decided to try one last blog - Sera Jane in the Kitchen.
As I am about a third way through my fall semester of my senior year, I am starting to panic. A slow-growing, coming and going, exciting and terrifying panic. What on earth am I going to do with my life? Should I work in a museum? Maybe I'll continue in the marketing world (I am currently a Marketing and Development Intern at the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst, MA). Or maybe I can score a job as the copier girl at the Food Network.... Should I move to Colorado? Washington D.C.? Boston? Should I find an unpaid internship and wait tables at night? Go to graduate school? Boston University has a really neat looking program for Gastronomy and Communications... That certainly sounds appealing....
Anyway, the fact of the matter is this: I am very hazy as to where I will be in May. Or June. Or August for that matter! So this blog is going to be my valiant attempt to enter the world of food on the internet. 
My best friend, Alessandra, and I have big plans. We want a website where we can post weekly recipes and videos of us preparing them, with a forum and comments and various member features like a "To Make" list and "Favorite Recipes" area, but mostly we just want to cook and share with the world. So until that kicks into gear, I am going to just write to you all about food and recipes and restaurants and events and whatever comes to my mind that you may, or may not, care about.
Thanks for listening! 
Much love from the kitchen,
Sera Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment